A 21 question quiz for you to test your knowledge of motor racing. Some easy, some medium, some difficult questions. Link to the answers below.
1. Only two drivers have won both the Indy 500 and the Le Mans 24 Hours. Name them both (1 point for each).
2. Only four drivers have won both the F1 World Championship and the Le Mans 24 Hours. Name all four. (1 point for each).
3. Only five drivers have won both the F1 World Championship and the Indy 500. Name all five (1 point for each).
4. Name each of the following four drivers pictured (1 point for each). Which one has won the Le Mans 24 hours? (1 point).
5. These two drivers have won eight Le Mans 24 hour victories between them. Name them (1 point for each) and the eight years that one or other or both of them won the Le Mans 24
hours (1 point for each).
6. Name these nine circuits (1 point for each).
7. Name this Frenchman on the right (1 point). During which 3 years did he participate in F1? (1 point for each) What was the highest position he achieved in a World Championship GP? (1 point)
8. Which race have all of the following drivers won? Ayrton Senna, Michael Schumacher, Ralf Schumacher, David Coulthard, Antonio Felix Da Costa, Vern Schuppan, Geoff Lees, Ricardo Patrese and Rickard Rydell. (1 point). Which four of these drivers have one it twice? (1 point for each).
9. On which circuit have all of the following drivers won the big race? Jacky Ickx, Larry Perkins, Rickard Rydell, David Brabham, John Fitzpatrick, Armin Hahne, Win Percy and Rauno Aaltonen. (1 point). Which one of them won there in a Jaguar? Which World Champion died there? (1 point).
10. Who was the last Frenchman to take part in the French GP? (1 point). Which three French drivers have won a World Championship French GP? (1 point for each).
11. Which six drivers have won the F3 race at Monte Carlo and then gone on to win the Monaco GP? (1 point for each).
12. Who won the RAC Tourist Trophy four times in three different makes of car and on two different circuits with 21 years between the first and last victory? (1 point each for the driver, the makes of car, the circuits and the years he won).
!3. Who won the International Trophy F1 race at Silverstone in a Theodore, who finished fourth in as Theodore in the Race of Champions F1 race and which two drivers scored World Championship points in a Theodore F1 car? (1 point for each).
14. Peter Warr, Michel Knight, John Surtees, James Hunt, Damon Hill, Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton have all won which Grand Prix? (1 point). Who won this GP in 2016? (1 point).
!5. Names the three circuits that have held the World Championship F1 Grand prix of two different countries? (1 point each). Note that the European GP doesn't count as one as it is not a country.
16. Which three F3000 champions went on to win a World Championship GP?
!7. Which three F2 champions who weren't Frenchmen went on to win a World Championship GP?
18. Which three GP2 champions went on to win a World Championship GP?
19. Name all the marques that won endurance races counting for the International Championship for Makes in 1969. (1 point for each).
20. Name all of the drivers who won a World Championship GP in 1966? (1 point for each).
21. Name these seven marques of car pictured.
Maximum points are 101. Let me know if you spot any errors. Good luck. Feel free to share. To see the answers click here.