|Mid-sixties BRM and Lotus with Richard Attwood in the lead|
I hope you have fun answering these 1965 Motor Racing trivia questions. Made easier after 24 hours by making it multiple choice for 11 out of 12 questions.
1. Who in 1965 came fifth in a NASCAR race at Charlotte, finished fourth in a Formula One race for Team Lotus, finished 28th in the Trans Canada Rally and competed in a number of Sports Car and F2 races? A-Mike Spence, B-Pete Lovely, C-Pedro Rodriguez, D-Paul Hawkins
2. Who in 1965 won a Formula One race in South Africa, won the Eifelrennen Formula Two race at the Nurburgring and won his class at Le Mans in an Austin Healey Sprite? A-John Rhodes, B-Paul Hawkins, C-David Prophet, D-John Love
3. At which circuit did Ford finally win a race in the Ford GT40 in 1965 after a season of disappointments in 1964? A-Bridgehampton, B-Mallory Park, C-Sebring, D-Daytona
A-3, B-4, C-5, D-6
5. At which circuit in 1965 did Maserati 250Fs compete for the first time in a Historic Race? A-Monza, B-Riverside, C-Oulton Park, D-Silverstone
6. Who was rookie of the year at Indianapolis in 1965 and went on to become one of the all-time greats of Indy-Car racing? A-Mario Andretti, B-Al Unser Snr, C-Gordon Johncock, D-Joe Leonard
7. Which ex-GP winner co-drove a Saab in the 1965 East African Safari Rally? A-Juan-Manuel Fangio, B-Giancarlo Baghetti, C-Stirling Moss, D-Jo Bonnier
8. Who won both the first two major events at Oulton Park in 1965, the F2 Spring Trophy and the Tourist Trophy? A-Denny Hulme, B-John Surtees, C-Jim Clark, D-Richard Attwood
9. Where did the Lola T70 make its racing debut in 1965? A-Oulton Park, B-Silverstone, C-Sebring, D-Daytona
10. Which four previous World Champions took part in the Tasman Championship in 1965?
11. Which American won the F3 race at Monte Carlo in 1965? A-Bob Bondurant, B-Roy Pike,
C-Peter Revson, D-Tommy Hitchcock
12. Briggs Cunningham and John Fitch drove in the 1953 Sebring 12 hours but also in the 1965 Sebring 12 hours. What car did they drive in the 1965 race? A-Chevrolet Corvette, B-Porsche 904, C-Jaguar E-Type, D-Mercedes 300SL
If you found this difficult you had better start reading my 1965 blog! Just click here to access.
Answers will be published in a week or so.
|In 1965 Porsche did well in endurance races with its beautiful 904|